Kafka for Developers
Login to see prices
Learn the Apache Kafka Ecosystem, Core Concepts, Operations, Kafka API, Build Your Own Producers and Consumers.
This course covers all the fundamentals of Kafka and will teach you everything you need to know from using Kafka from the command line and setting up a Kafka Cluster using Docker to advanced Kafka topic configurations.
What You Will Learn From this Course:
- Apache Kafka and its ecosystem: In this section, we will learn about the Apache Kafka ecosystem, and see how some target architectures may look like. This high-level section helps you set context around Kafka.
- Apache Kafka Core concepts: In this section, we will learn about all the fundamental concepts of Kafka like topics, partitions, replication, brokers, producers, consumers, consumer groups, Zookeeper, delivery semantics and more!
- Docker and Kafka Setup: In this section, we will learn how to install Docker on your machine and get started with Apache Kafka, in the simplest way possible.
- Apache Kafka Hands-on Practice: In this section, we will gain some practical experience by learning how the various command lines tool work, as well as how to use Kafka Topics UI, and create your very first Producer and Consumer in Java…!!!
- Code Examples – Libraries Integrations: In this section, we will learn about some more advanced code examples, and understand where to find the libraries to integrate with frameworks such as Spark, Spark Streaming, Akka Streams, Scala, Actors, Apache NiFi…
- Advanced Topic Configuration: In this section, we will understand the main configurations for your topics, learn about Log Compaction, understand exactly what your partitions are made of
By the End of this Course:
- You will have a good grasp of the Apache Kafka Ecosystem Architecture and Kafka Core Concepts: Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Replicas, Producers, Consumers
- Be able to launch your own Kafka cluster in no time using Docker – Windows / MacOS X / Linux
- You will have experience using the Kafka Command Lines tools
- You will have experience with Consumers and Producers using the Java API
- You will have experience with advanced Kafka topic configurations
- You will know pointers for integration between Kafka and other frameworks (Spark, NiFi, Akka, Scala).
- So much more!
Note: The hands-on section is based on Java, which is the native Kafka programming language. But, good news! Your learning in Java will be completely applicable to other programming languages, such as Python, C#, Node.js or Scala, and Big Data frameworks such as Spark, NiFi or Akka…
Why We Learn Kafka:
Kafka is a distributed streaming platform that is used publish and subscribe to streams of records. Kafka gets used for fault tolerant storage. Kafka replicates topic log partitions to multiple servers. Kafka is designed to allow your apps to process records as they occur.
Course Audience: Developers who work with micro services or have a high frequency data processing.
Course Duration: 2 Days
Tools Needed: Students will need a local computer with an up to date web browser and a stable internet connection. Any recent version of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox will work
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.